What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files created by a web server and stored on your computer or mobile device when you browse the web. Thanks to these files, the web server will remember your movement and preferences on the web site for a certain time (eg selected language, font size, etc.) and you do not have to enter them again the next time you visit the web site. Cookies are used by most websites and e-shops.
Splitting of cookies files
Cookies can be divided by durability into:
- Short-term (session cookies) – they are deleted from your computer when you close the browser
- Long-term (Persisten cookies) – they remain on your computer when you close the browser and are deleted after a very long time. (According to your browser settings). You can also delete them manually.
Depending on the purpose we can divide them into:
- Technical – used for basic functions of the website or page (video playback, content sharing, login)
- Analytical – used to collect non-anonymous data about your behavior. Based on these, we can make the site more user-friendly
- Remarketing – used for targeted ads to the user
- essential website functionality
- remembering of user settings
- collecting of anonymous visitor information
- to better customize ads and share content on social networks
What cookies do we use?
Google Analytics is provided by Google, Inc. It is used to collect and gather anonymized user statistics for the website. The goal of using the service is to better understand the needs of our visitors and to ensure their satisfaction. Google Analytics stores information about which pages you visit, how long you stay on, where you came from, and what links you click. All information and cookies are by Google, Inc. transmitted and stored on servers in the United States. This data does not contain any confidential data on the basis of which we would be able to identify a specific visitor. The retention period for this information is set indefinitely. Google, Inc. may provide this data to third parties if required by law.
For more information about privacy, click here: https://support.google.com/analytics/topic/2919631?hl=sk&ref_topic=1008008
To install the Google Analytics Cookie Rejection Software Add-on, click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptou
Most web browsers can be set to block cookies. This is despite the fact that some elements on the website may not work properly. Cookie settings are usually located in the „Options“ or „Settings“ tab.
Cookie settings for specific browsers:
- Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/sk-sk/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/sk/kb/Spr%C3%A1va%20cookies
- Google Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=sk
- Safari – https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=sk_SK
For more information about cookies and their use, please visit: https://aboutcookies.org/